Today, I’d like to show you how to make crunchy, fried plantain chips.
- You can use either green or ripe plantains for making chips.
- Peeling a plantain is a lot harder than peeling a banana. You have to use a knife to run along the plantain to slit the skin and then use your fingers to peel it from the fruit.
- Slice the plantains as thin as you can.
- The thinner is the better, at least I like it that way!
- Melt a heaping tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat. I used my stainless steel frying pan.
- Once the coconut oil is melted and warm, place the plantain slices into the pan. Put them one by one so that they don’t’ slide onto each other or stick together.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes and then flip them.
- Fry both sides, and when they are golden brown, remove them from the pan.
- Place it on a plate and sprinkle them with some unrefined salt.
- Repeat the frying process until you run out of the raw slices.
- Enjoy the chips as a crunchy topping on a salad, or just as a healthy snack!
Hope you liked this video, I can not wait to share more with you soon!
If you would like to get more sneak peaks into my way of following the Autoimmune protocol, don’t forget to sign up to my YouTube channel!
Download My AIP 4 Weeks Meal Plan
Go ahead, and download my AIP 4 Weeks Meal Plan for FREE, at www.mywellnessworkshop.com/AIP
This is 4 weeks of AIP meal plans, delivered into your inbox. Get it here!
Thanks for watching/reading this, I can not wait to share more with you soon!:)
Shared at Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable.